Wednesday, March 28, 2012

slow cooker cooking: tuscan chicken & artichokes






















Babble's "Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken" recipe popped up in my inbox on Monday morning just as I was checking out at the grocery store, and as I only needed two more ingredients to make it, I decided to try it for a playdate dinner we were hosting this week. I grabbled a couple of organic chicken breasts and a can of fire-roasted chicken, and made my way home. While the kids ate breakfast this morning, I turned the slow cooker on low, added the chicken breasts, the tomatoes, and sprinkled on a teaspoon of dried Italian herbs. I popped a few artichoke hearts in a few hours before serving, and at served dinner at six o'clock.  The chicken was moist and tender, and my toddler loved it diced in small pieces. For adults, serve over pasta with some parmesan, fresh basil, and maldon sea salt.

Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes, with sauce
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
salt to taste
parmesan cheese
fresh basil (optional)


Place chicken breasts into crock pot. Sprinkle with dried herbs and top with the whole can of tomatoes, including the sauce. Cook on "low" for 7-8 hours. Serve over pasta, with grated parmesan, basil, and sea salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment